Lawrence W. Moore is a composer of electro-acoustic music, producer of multimedia art, developer of software tools, and a professor of higher education. LWM Music is the internet presence of his work in the multimedia arts, involving both the promotion of his pieces and the promotion of education in the fields of synthesis, software development, multimedia art, and interactive systems for multimedia art.
Dr. Moore created LWM Music as an outlet for presenting his music and software developments and as a forum for teaching and learning more about new technologies and developments in the multimedia arts. Much of the focus is on synthesis, sound design, and the implementation of software and hardware tools in achieving new musical creations.
Beyond his academic endeavors and experimental music, Moore also enjoys composing music that takes on a new age, world fusion, and electronica mix that is imaginative and spirituality-based. He releases this music under the artist name, Wayfarer. More information about this side project can be found at The Music of Wayfarer website. Wayfarer music is a powerful breed of electronic musical sorcery that will take the imagination on an enchanted journey to a realm where dream and reality become one.
The Wayfarer Project
The Wayfarer Project is where Dr. Lawrence W. Moore explores legend, lore, mythology, and philosophy in an effort to learn more about the human condition. Our life journey is spent traveling through a mysterious universe with much to offer and much to learn. Knowing more about ourselves is one of the more fulfilling pursuits that one can have in life. It is through our imagination that we express the truest honesty.
Lawrence W. Moore is also a member of the Psyche Electro-Acoustic Opera Company, which was founded by his wife, Liza Seigido. Psyche presents modern, short operas that include technology as part of the staging and overall presentation. Psyche performance include lighting, video, dance, electronic music, and vocal performance. The presentations are narratives, and thus, are operas in a modern context of technological presentation and electronic music.
Dr. Moore teaches at Miami International university of Art & Design and Miami-Dade College. Some of the courses that he teaches regularly include:
- Synthesis and Sound Design I & II
- Sound for Interactive Media
- Production Sound
- Audio Recording I
- Sound Design
- Sound Recording I
- MIDI & Electronic Music
- Music Appreciation
- Jazz & Popular Music in America
CV - Dr. Lawrence W. Moore's Curriculum Vitae
Dr. Moore's studies include degrees in music theory & composition, saxophone performance, and media writing and production.
- Doctor of Musical Arts in Music Theory and Composition - University of Miami Frost School of Music
- Master of Music in Media Writing and Production - University of Miami Frost School of Music
- Master of Music in Music Composition and Theory - Pennsylvania State University
- Master of Music in Saxophone Performance - Pennsylvania State University
- Bachelor of Arts in Music with concentrations in Saxophone Performance, Jazz Studies, and Music Theory and Composition - Lebanon Valley College
- Dissertation - Hawking Sonified: The Composition of a Pattern/Pulse Piece that Illuminates the Lectures of Stephen Hawking
- The Making of Angel Wing - Presented at the 13th Biennial Symposium on Art & Technology at Connecticut College